Our dentists and team offer gum disease treatment in Glen Rock, NJ to remove dental calculus from your teeth. This is a safe, preventive treatment provided by Dr. Mayra Modesto-Garrido and Dr. Aryam Modesto to help you enjoy a healthy smile again. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation here at Excel Dentistry and learn more.request an appointment
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GUM DISEASE TREATMENT?
Periodontal disease can be a very harmful condition to oral health. If you have gum disease and need treatment, Excel Dentistry can help remove the harmful bacteria that hurt gums and your overall oral health. Benefits of gum disease treatment performed at our Glen Rock, NJ office include:
- Improving the health of the gums
- Alleviating pain in the gums, especially while brushing and eating
- Preventing tooth loss and a receding gumline
- Bettering the appearance of your smile
- Minimizing the risk of further dental complications
Periodontal disease, most commonly known as gum disease, is a dental condition caused by harmful bacteria in the mouth, usually residing in plaque and tartar (calculus). This degenerative disease causes gum tissue to become inflamed and recede from teeth. In accelerated stages of the disease, bone and soft tissue loss is common, resulting in the loss of one or more teeth.
Symptoms of gum disease include:
- Swollen or red gums
- Gums that bleed easily
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath
- Difficulty chewing
- Gum recession
Our normal six-month dental exams include screening for periodontal disease. If it is found that you have periodontal disease, our dentists will determine the severity of the disease’s progression and create a treatment plan with you. This plan may include some of the following treatments:
- Periodontal maintenance (thorough dental cleanings)
- Scaling and root planing (deep cleanings that remove bacteria beneath the gums and in gum pockets)
- Antibiotic treatments (to help heal infected tissue)
Treatments will vary depending on your specific needs, and we will help you find the right ones to halt the progression of gum disease and restore your dental health. If you have any questions about gum disease treatments, contact our dental office today.